Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Zoo Trip 7/18/09

We decided to take Asher to the Niabi Zoo on Saturday. We all had a blast! I, of course, had worked the night before, but I do fine staying up as long as I keep moving. Nick's parents joined us. Asher really enjoyed the Koi and duck pond. Daddy gave him some fish food to feed them (I had my hand sanitizer at the ready!). He thought it was the greatest!


They had re-done the zoo, since I'd been there last. They now have a fenced-in area called the "Australian Walkabout." They had emus and wallabies running around.
They also had a bird house that you could go in and the birds were free-range. You could buy little cups of nectar for $1 to feed them. Nick bought some, and carried Asher in (I went in, too, but only to take pictures. I don't like birds flying at my head.). Asher was fascinated by the birds.

We got a ticket for Asher to ride the carousel. He loved it, and refused to look at me so I could take a decent picture. We also rode the train, and were surprised when he threw a FIT when we first got on! I don't know if he was just freaked out by it or what, but he was fine once the ride started. Weird, eh?
Asher really enjoyed seeing the big, sleeping bear! The bear's friend was pacing around the other part of the cage, but this one was sleeping like crazy in the corner!
We surprised Asher by getting him a stuffed tiger in the gift shop. We waited and gave it to him that evening when we were going home from my dad's house. He loves it! He calls it his "giger." It's adorable.

At the end of my life, these are the days I will remember with most clarity. The days where my family is happy, healthy and enjoying nature and eachother's company are the days that mean most to me.