Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 23: Shoes

So, I have huge feet.  I mean, ginormous.  They're wide, they're long.  When I try to shop for cute girl shoes online in my size, I somehow end up in stores obviously meant for transvestites.  (Oh, I hope no one gets to my blog by googling "transvestite shoes." Or maybe I hope they do.  Hello, Trannies!)  Anyhoo...my large feet are genetic.  My sister, my mom, my grandma, my aunt...all big footed.  Mine are actually smaller than my mom's and sister's (take that!), but still big by anyone's standards. 

That said, I don't really have a lot of shoes.  I could very easily see myself having a shoe fetish if I had normal sized feet, so it's probably good that I don't.  Instead, I have a purse fetish.  Just ask Nick. 

I mean, I have a million flip flops.  My back entryway area in the summer looks like an Old Navy ad (if Old Navy sold only huge flip flops with cat bite marks on them.).  I have a couple of pairs of Payless flats that I wear on dates or to church.  I have a few pairs of high heels that I never wear because they make me too tall (I'm 5'10" ish) and I walk like Frankenstein in them.  I have one pair of super cute tall boots that I've worn a few times, but I can't seem to master the "tuck your pants into your boots" thing, so they don't get worn a whole lot. 

Mostly, I wear these:

Old New Balance tennis shoes.

Crocs at work covered with shoe covers. 
Don't be jealous.

1 comments:

Nick February 23, 2012 at 9:24 PM  

Some of my favorite times spent with you just involve cuddling up to your (in your own words) "ginormous," "tranny" feet and giving them a good rub. I've danced with those feet (and stepped on them). I've walked with them down an aisle and also through some pretty heartbreaking experiences. My feet would walk through fire for you, and I know yours would do the very same.

I love your feet, and I am blessed to have them in step right next to mine.