Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Monday's Update on Wednesday

This week's weight loss: 1.2 pounds.  Not spectacular by any means, but ok.  It means I'm 0.8 pounds below the "magic" number.  I'm actually a little nervous to call and make an appointment!  My March is filling up fast, and I just don't know how much I feel like cramming one more thing into it! What do you think?  If I wait a little longer, then I'd have time to lose more weight.  The other thing is that I probably wouldn't be below her specified number at the office with clothes on and food or drink in my system.  I don't know.  Give me opinions!  On the other hand, I'm not getting any younger! lol

This week is jam-packed with appointments for Asher.  Yesterday, he had to see a psychologist to see if he still qualifies for SSI.  I didn't even know he was receiving it at all, so when I got the letter saying he had to see this lady, I had no idea what was going on.  I called the adoption worker and she said we should probably go.  I had to reschedule it from it's original date to yesterday.  It took about an hour, but he did great!  She says he certainly will no longer qualify for SSI, which I had assumed was the case.  She says he's VERY smart, but he does have a short attention span, even for a two year old.  I agree with her.  He was able to do most of the things she asked him to do, and even some of the things above his age level.  He can match colors and knows shapes and is just in general a genius.  I think he gets it from my side of the family! ; )  Anyway, today he has a WIC appointment (he gets WIC since he's a foster child, but he won't qualify once the adoption is done), and tomorrow he has his wart removed!  He has a nasty looking wart on his thumb.  I have tried everything you can safely do to a two year old to get it gone, but nothing works.  So, we're seeing a dermatologist tomorrow and getting it taken off.  I'm sure it will be a blast.  Who wants to take him? Not me!

Seriously, people, give me opinions as to what to do about the RE.

Oh! And how do you like my new layout?  My wonderful husband spent a bunch of time last night setting it up, and I think it looks beautiful!

3 comments:

Marla February 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM  

Scales in doctor's offices always weigh me 5 lbs more than at home. So, you might want to wait until you lose a little more, but of course, it's entirely up to you. :)

Wishing 4 One February 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM  

I live your new look love it! Wishing the best for the Asher man. xoxo

Brenda February 28, 2010 at 7:23 AM  

I would have taken Asher if you would have just called me. We could have made it fun for sure. I think you should go ahead and schedule it, but I know less than nothing about the whole thing. P.S. Asher disabled?? Me thinks not. Of course he's a genius. Duh. :)