Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weekly Weight-Loss Update

Well, this week was much better in the weight loss department.  I weighed today instead of yesterday, because I vastly prefer weighing first thing in the morning on an empty bladder and stomach, and yesterday I never had a point like that in my day.  I lost 4 pounds since last Tuesday...or was it Monday? I don't know.  That makes my total 14 since the beginning of the year and almost 40 since last January.  Not to shabby.  I'm about 3 pounds from being to the RE's magic number. 

In other news, the adoption worker came yesterday evening to have Nick and I go over the subsidy and sign some papers.  Unfortunately, she left the office and realized that the papers were sitting by the printer, so we couldn't sign them.  She kind of went over with us what was in it, but she'll be mailing it so we can sign it.  She did, however, give us a HUGE file of medical paperwork that is ours.  Needless to say, I sat and read every bit of it last night. haha  There's some interesting things in there!  The most interesting part was the 20 page document that contains the interviews done with Asher's mother and other family members right after he was placed in care.  Wow! Are there some crazies in that family, or what?!  Nick did read that document, but just wanted the high points of all the other stuff I went through.  Luckily I work in OB, so I knew a fair amount of what was going on in all the papers about his premature birth and such.  Reading all the info made us so thankful to have Asher in our lives.  He is such a miracle!

3 comments:

BURNS FAMILY February 9, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

Congratulations on the adoption process coming along! Asher is blessed to have parents like the two of you!

Wishing 4 One February 10, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Yeah for your weight loss awesome awesome awesome girl! Good to hear things are moving along with Asher, what a lucky little guy.

Anonymous February 11, 2010 at 3:51 PM  

Yay! What a great good news post (as in weight loss and adoption moving forward, not about Asher's crazy bio fam).