Monday, October 18, 2010

A Letter or Two

Dear Pregnant Facebook Friends Who Are Due Within Days of My Would-Be Due Date:

Please shut up.

I don't want to hear about your baby using your bladder as a trampoline and how inconvenient that is.

I don't want to hear about your cravings.

I don't want to read your weekly "my baby is doing this" updates.

I want to sit and have a pity party.

And you're not invited.

~Krystal

PS~ Idiot 18 year old new mother who was my patient the last two nights:

You're an idiot.

It's not appropriate to ask someone who has just informed you that their only child is adopted whether or not they are able to have children.

Next time, someone may punch you.

They don't want the reminder that stupid 18 year olds can do something with zero effort that they can't do with all the money and medication in the world.

K, thanks.

~Krystal

(I'm in a bad mood.  Can you tell?)

5 comments:

Brenda October 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

sorry friend. I'm praying for you. Love you much.

Jaime October 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

I couldn't agree more...

Alex October 18, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

Thanks for the invite to your pity party! I'm right there with you...

Anonymous October 18, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

Gah on that stupid 18 year old. I can't believe she said that. I'm sorry your feeling down.

Anonymous October 19, 2010 at 3:06 AM  

Hugs, and sorry you're having a hard time right now.